Ashwell Playgroup is for children of Ashwell in Hertfordshire and the surrounding villages, aged 2 years old to 4 years old. We offer pre-school education through a variety of different “in the moment” play opportunities whilst developing children’s skills in preparation for the transition to school. Our sessions run with a maximum of 20 children. SPACES AVAILABLE currently in all sessions.
* Afternoon sessions can be increased subject to demand - minimum 3 children required. Please let us know if you are interested.
** Lunch club available each day from 12:15pm until 13:15pm at an additional £5.50 per session.
*** invoiced per term, grants available, childcare vouchers accepted, monthly or weekly payment accepted
- Enhance the development of children under statutory school age in a parent-involving community- based group.
- Provide a safe, secure and stimulating environment.
- Enable children to play with their peers in a happy and relaxed atmosphere.
- Help children develop confidence with adults outside their own families.
- Give the children the opportunity to use apparatus not always available at home, and to express themselves using craft materials such as paints, play dough, glue and paper.
- Provide a climate in which all children and families are equally valued, regardless of race, culture, religion or means.
Staff are sensitive to the individual care needs of each child. They use plenty of praise to raise their self-esteem and help them feel safe and secure within the playgroup. Children are supported very well to build excellent self-help skills…”, and “Children enjoy imaginative games, playing along side each other and developing language for communication, literacy and mathematical skills.”
Ofsted inspector 2016