The Ashwell Playgroup is for children of Ashwell in Hertfordshire and the surrounding villages, aged 2 years old to 4 years old. We offer pre-school education through a variety of different “in the moment” play opportunities whilst developing children’s skills in preparation for the transition to local Nursery Schools. Our sessions run for a maximum of 20 children.
* Lunch club available on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 12:15pm until 13:15pm, subject to minimum 4 children committed on regular basis. Additional £5.50 per session.
** Extended sessions (including Thursday and additional afternoons) can be increased as demand requires, so please let us know if you are interested.
*** invoiced per term, grants available, childcare vouchers excepted, session fees rising September 2018
- Enhance the development of children under statutory school age in a parent-involving community- based group.
- Provide a safe, secure and stimulating environment.
- Enable children to play with their contemporaries in a happy and relaxed atmosphere.
- Help children develop confidence with adults outside their own families.
- Give the children the opportunity to use apparatus not always available at home, and to express themselves using craft materials such as paints, play dough, glue and paper.
- Provide a climate in which all children and families are equally valued, regardless of race, culture, religion or means.
Staff are sensitive to the individual care needs of each child. They use plenty of praise to raise their self-esteem and help them feel safe and secure within the playgroup. Children are supported very well to build excellent self-help skills…”, and “Children enjoy imaginative games, playing along side each other and developing language for communication, literacy and mathematical skills.
Ofsted inspector 2016